Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Pasta Carbonara is oh so good!

The first time I made pasta carbonara, my family loved it but they refused to eat the salad I had made to go along with it, indulging, instead, in second helpings of the pasta.  So when I saw a recipe that included spinach IN the dish - I had to try it.

I put the recipe on the "Recipes" page but it's super easy, fast and tastes great.  The spinach goes really well and didn't detract at all from the flavor. 

One note - as you work in the spinach, it starts out looking like a LOT of spinach - as it wilts, you'll have no problem but I did drop several leaves out on the floor.  My dog was VERY disappointed to discover that, although he could smell bacon, eggs and cheese ... what fell on the floor was spinach.  Not his favorite moment of the day.

1 comment:

  1. And the leftovers the next day for lunch...WOW!

    ReplyDelete