Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Jungle Salad (the dangers of multi-tasking)

I remembered thinking about Madeira Pork and put it on the menu... but was distracted and forgot that we actually have gorgeous weather (still 80 degrees and sunny!) and decided on a salad tonight.  Whoops!  Since I somehow managed to buy the stuff for both meals and the salad fixings won't keep... here's how to make Jungle Salad.

This salad was inspired by one that Houston's serves, but I've gone off on my own to create what works for my family... you can do the same.

1 bag salad greens
Leftover steak (rare, sliced thin - or jsut grill it rare & slice it super thin)
Peanut Dressing (bottled is fine, but I often mix leftover peanut sauce with rice vinegar & make my own)
Toppings (all the below would be chopped into bite sized pieces, vary these to whatever floats your boat and happens to be in your fridge)

Green Onions
Red bell pepper
Water chestnuts
Mango
Avocado
Cucumber
Carrot (matchsticks)
Mandarin Oranges
Fresh Mint & Cilantro (we use TONS, but whatever works for you)
Sliced Almonds
Toss it all together and top with peanut dressing and serve.

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment