Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Stubbs Pork on the grill!

Okay... it's not actually Wednesday YET... but I figured I'd get directions for dinner out early since it is best if you give it time to marinate.

I didn't put Stubbs Marinade for Pork on my grocery list or staples because I happened to have WAY over-bought not too long ago (somehow I have two unopened bottles and a half in the fridge).  So ... if you don't have it, use something else or just do some salt & pepper... it's a simple meal for a night when you really, really just need to get through it.  But, I gotta say - it is the BEST pork marinade I've ever had.  Props to Mr. Stubbs.  It's the goods.

SO... if you have the marinade, shake & pour into a plastic gallon bag (about a 1/2 bottle or so).  I use the thin cut, bone in pork loin chops - but whatever floats your boat.  These are fast cooking and have TONS of flavor because they have so much surface area.

Wednesday Night: 
Preheat the oven to 375
Peel the sweet potatoes and slice into thin (1/4 in or slightly thinner)  rounds.  Toss in a bowl with olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder, cumin and a dash of cayenne.  Pour onto a rimmed baking sheet and pop into oven for 15 minutes.   Then flip 'em and do another 15 min.

While that's cooking, clean the broccoli and chop into florets.  Steam it until just bright green but still crisp.  Toss the broccoli to dry it a bit, put into serving bowl, crack some pepper ovre it and then put a generous handful of parmesan cheese over top of the broccoli.
In a SMALL saucepan, melt 2 TB butter on medium heat - keep an eye on it once it's gotten past that bubbly/frothy stage.  It'll start to brown and then it'll froth again - kinda keep swirling it - once it's turned a nutty brown color pull it off the heat and pour it over the cheese/broccoli.  Trust me - it's so good.

Somewhere about the time you're starting the broccoli - send your husband out to grill the pork chops.  They should be over high/direct heat for about 3 min per side.  I usually serve this with a side of apple sauce because I dig apples & pork together - but it's not critical.

Toss the sweet potatoes with some sea salt and plate up dinner.   It's easier than it sounds and the whole thing should be ready in about 30 mintues -- as you get used to the rhythm things will flow... I promise.

That's it... enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment