Friday, October 8, 2010

Pantry Items

Organization is the best tool in the world for a working mom.  One system we have in our house is a list on the fridge of things we need to add to the weeks list.  Every year I seem to get a few of these little magnetic pads from real estate agents, garnders and financial planners so they get stuck on the fridge.  Whenever we run low on any basics (Olive Oil, peppercorns, etc) that we wouldn't normally even check for, we just put it on the list and when I sit down to figure out the menu, I always grab that list for the grocery list.  Simple step but saves a Wednesday night meltdown when I realize that we don't have any crushed tomatoes and I'm making pasta, right?

As I figure out this blog thing, I'll put together a list of basics for the pantry that could be used when you're embarking on a new mission of home-cooked meals, better organization and calmer evenings.

Happy Friday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment