Sunday, October 31, 2010

Halloween & Election Week Menu

It's STILL 80 degrees & sunny here in Texas so I've decided to cook like it's Fall, even if the weather won't cooperate.    Here's the menu:

Halloween: Moroccan Beef Stew
A sweet & savory quick stew with dried apricots & currants.  Sounds exotic but it's easy and smells amazing.  Added bonus of an excuse to open a bottle of wine and a "spooky" purple color make this a perfect meal before heading out to Trick or Treat!

Monday: Tandoori Chicken
Found the original for this recipe in Family Circle magazine and it's SO quick & easy that I don't even have to look it up anymore, I've got it memorized.

Tuesday: Pasta Fagioli
A classic Italian soup, but in an easy, slow-cooker version with a little bit of cheating to make it SUPER simple.

Wednesday: Chicken Parmesan
Baked, not fried, so it's actually a pretty healthy meal.

Thursday: My Mom's Cheese Soup
Chock full of whatever veggies looked good at the store, a rich, warm, comforting soup.  I love this stuff SO much that I don't even mind having to stop by the store that night to pick up fresh bread.  It's one of my favorite meals ever. 

2 comments:

  1. I have a suggestion. Put the recipes up at the beginning so I can plan my week around yours!LOL!

    ReplyDelete