Monday, October 25, 2010

Grilled Cheese & Tomato Soup

For an evening when we have to get dinner on the table fast, not everyone is home and it's supposed to be a rainy evening, seems like Grilled Cheese & Tomato Soup is a natural.

I really like the Wolfgang Puck canned soups.  The Tomato Basil is really good (and certainly better than my one attempt at homemade tomato soup thickened with croutons... but that's a long & relatively disgusting story of a recipe gone horribly, horribly wrong).

I really don't do anything too special for Grilled Cheese but one little trick I use is to do them on the griddle (do 3-4 sandwiches at once) and, instead of buttering the bread, I take a cold stick of butter and rub it on the hot pan in each place I'm about to place a sandwich.  Saves time, tastes just as good.  I will probably put a slice of ham into each sandwich tonight for a little extra protein but it's certainly not necessary.

A big bowl full of bread & butter pickles and this is a quick meal that makes everyone feel happy & loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment