Monday, January 10, 2011

White Chicken Chili ...again

This is such a favorite in my house that you can count on it at least once a month until it's too warm to think about (pretty soon, here in Texas).

1# Dried Great Northern Beans - soaked overnight
1 lg box Chicken Broth
1 white onion, diced small
2 tsp crushed garlic
1 TB Oregano
1 TB Cumin
1/2 tsp Ground Cloves (don't skip this - it's really good)
1-2 Cups leftover cooked chicken breast, chopped
1 can Rotel Tomatoes/Chilis - Drained

Put everything but the chicken & Rotel into the Crockpot and cook on LOW for 8 hours.  When you get home, put it on high and toss in the chicken and drained Rotel.  Allow it about a half hour or so to get hot again.

We're trying to be very light in my house right now, so we served this with 2% Colby/Jack cheese shreds, diced fresh avocado and fat free sour cream.  Fritos are a really, really yummy addition...

I've posted this before (and will again).  The only change this time was the Rotel (I could SWEAR I bought diced green chiles but couldn't find them anywhere in my dang pantry... probably rolling around in the back of my car right now....)   The Rotel was nice but not a giant improvement. 

Very nice to come home to on a cold, icy winters evening. 

No comments:

Post a Comment