Sunday, January 2, 2011

This Weeks Menu

While I don't believe in dieting or New Years Resolutions - I DO believe that I'm going skiing next month and I will need to fit in my ski pants!  I'm also pretty sure that my body needs to detox after the holiday food-fest.  So this week I'm doing very veggie intensive, low fat and very lean.  I've found that I tend to feel bloated and gross when I eat pasta & other refined carbs  (bread, potatoes) so I'm working to avoid them for a few weeks until I kick this sugar habit I've developed....

Sunday: going out with a bang and eating up ALL the leftover yummies we've got around here (Reuben Dip, Ham Balls, Black Eyed Peas, Cranberry Pudding and Linzer Torte)

Monday: Ratatouille with Chicken
I'll do most of the prep for this on Sunday (check the recipe page for the Ratatouille recipe).  The on Monday I'll just chop up the chicken, drizzle with olive oil, salt & pepper and then roast it in the oven with the ratatouille.  This will be served in shallow bowls with a knob of goat cheese on top. 

Tuesday:  Pork Stir Fry
Cutting the pork up into little matchsticks and sauteeing it with ginger and garlic.  Set it aside then saute zucchini, peapods, onion & red pepper in a simple sauce of soy, ginger/garlic, honey and rice venegar.  Add in a little Thai chili/garlic paste to the grownup bowls.  An Edamame salad on the side and if you want you can make rice but we'll skip that this week

Wednesday:  Broiled Steak, Curried Roasted Cauliflower & Sauteed Spinach
A simple meal with big, bold flavors.  The steak is seared then broiled for lots of flavor.  The cauliflower is tossed with olive oil, garlic, ginger and curry power and then roasted until caramelized and delicious.  THe spinach is sauteed in the pan the steak came out of (while the steak rests) for more flavor.

Thursday: Chicken Parmesan & Tuscan White Beans
Again, going very light this week, the chicken will be pounded thin and coated with egg & a little parmesan cheese then baked at 400, topped with spaghetti sauce and mozzarella until melted and yummy.  On the side will be Tuscan style Cannelini beans with garlic & diced tomatoes

I'll also be doing some little mini crustless quiches to take to work during the week.  Let me know if you need the recipe (SIMPLE!).

Hope you like it!  Sounds like a yummy week to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment