Monday, September 26, 2011

Pork tenderloin with pineapple mango salsa

My family went so crazy for this that I'm hauling myself out of a cold medicine stupor to post about it.
1 pork tenderloin (you could use chops or a loin too - just adjust the cooking time)
BBQ rub (I had some leftover but any purchased spice mix would be good)
Coat pork with rub, drizzle with olive oil and grill. Set aside to rest.

Into a medium bowl combine:
1 large, ripe mango, peeled, chopped
1 small can chopped pineapple (drained - this juice is a hot item at my house with husband & kid doing tricks to see who gets it)
Juice of one half lime
1 bunch fresh cilantro, clean & chop (you could use less but my family freaking loves cilantro)
Stir together and set aside until dinner time. Easy!

Make some white rice (I added in the zest of the lime along with the juice of the other half lime). Done

Serve the pork sliced atop the rice and then mound the salsa over it (if I'd had a jalapeƱo handy, I would've chopped and tossed in there..... Woulda been awesome).

My 7 yr old ate thirds. Thirds. Nicely done me.

No comments:

Post a Comment