Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Sour Cream Chicken Tacos with Avocado & Mango Salsa

I have had it up to HERE with ice, windchill and snow days.  So tonight, whether reality is with me or not, it's SUMMERTIME!

I'm winging this one... but it's all good stuff so I think it'll be awesome.  Just in case though... I'm making some refried beans and cilantro rice. 

The tacos will be topped with an avocado & mango salsa.  Here's how you make it:

1 ripe mango, peeled/diced
1-2 ripe avocados, diced
1 bunch cilantro, chopped (use less if you're not a fan but we eat a LOT of cilantro here)
1 jalapeno, seeded & minced
1-2 limes, juiced (depends on how juicy - if one is enough, great)
salt to taste
mix the above together & set aside.  Easy, no?

Other toppings will be shredded monterey jack cheese, tomatoes and sour cream.   The chicken is boneless/skinless & sauteed & tossed with taco seasoning. 

I'll be wrapping them in a combo of hard & soft shelled tortillas to see which we like better. 

I'll post & let ya know.

1 comment:

  1. So we chopped up the chicken and cooked it until there was no pink then we added the taco seasoning and cooked until it was done. To that I added a can of Rotel (drained) and about 1/4 cup of Sour Cream (although cream cheese might've been nice, albeit indulgent). It was really, really good.

    The creamy/spicy chicken with the fresh, juicy salsa on the salty, crisp shell and wrapped in the soft, warm flour tortilla... mmmmmm goodness.

    ReplyDelete