Sunday, September 11, 2011

Crazy Fusilli

Turns out there were no beet greens to be had at my grocery store (apparently I live in a culinary backwater).
So here is how you make it

1 pound fusilli (follow directions on package)
8 oz goat cheese, crumble & set aside

1 eggplant, sliced into slabs & grilled, then chop into bite sized pieces
1 zucChini, sliced, grilled then cut into bite sized pieces.

Sauté together:
1 onion, diced
3-4 cloves garlic, smashed & minced
1 red pepper, seeded, chopped
1 can diced tomatoes, drained

I had some leftover sausages from lunch and a few kalamata olives so I tossed those in as well.

When the pasta is done, pull about a half cup of the water out and set aside.

Toss the pasta back into the pot with everything above and toss to combine. If it's too thick, add a bit of the pasta water and toss over the heat until it's all nice & creamy.

I love when I just wing it and it turns out yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment